Rated 3.3 out of 5 by 196
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by genjon77 Not in line with expectations
Is a while I'm using the Holiday Inn hotels to stay for my business trips but I have to say that in the last period my experience in some of the hotel drop.
The last time I spent 3 nights in the Northampton West M1, Jct 16 and i was really disappointed.
Some of the things that really you have to fix:
1. Dinner - I've arrived at the hotel around 10:30 pm and the kitchen was already closed? the staff helped bring me some cold food but not a great experience.
2. Internet connection. This is a must for my business - I had to spent 3 hours to complete a very important work because i was unable to connect to the internet as the line was too busy (reported by reception)
3. Mini gym opening at 7AM?? this is too late for a service that is directed to people that start working at 8AM in the morning.
4. Water in the gym dispenser was smelling! I do understand very fe people are using the gym but the water need to be regularly changed.
5. Room comfort - the bathroom and the room is very old style - the bed is not comfortable and could't have a good sleep.
Missing some key accessory for a Holiday Inn chain (even express provides better experience).
Overall very disappointed.
February 9, 2016
Rated 2.0 out of 5.0 by Frank7171 Poor
Room smelt of damp ; tv has to play with wires to get it working
December 11, 2015
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by DT28 Awful!
I stayed at the hotel for a wedding reception! I do not know where to start with this review. The whole day was a total disaster from the start, the food was absolutely disgraceful both the meal that we had preordered and the buffet that was served in the evening, none of it was edible. Things were either still frozen or not cooked properly. The waiter also knocked over a whole tray of glasses which ended up us guests trying to clear it up as there seemed to be hardly any staff on. The way the preordered meal was brought out had no timings, bits being brought out here & there, the bride didn't even get hers served in the end as it was too late. Kids were sat around waiting to be fed, there was no restaurant etiquette used! The bedroom we stayed in smelt of damp & was not welcoming in the slightest, the hotel is very tired & poorly run, I would never stay here again or recommend to anyone. I have only touched the surface with this review there is plenty more I could say but I feel it would be wasted.
November 30, 2015