Rated 3.9 out of 5 by 28
Rated 5.0 out of 5.0 by Figaro69 Great service, comfortable hotel
Efficiency and kindness are defining qualities of the whole staff.
Rooms with private sauna are a real treat.
Location of the hotel gives the best of both worlds : not too far, not too close... from everywhere !
Breakfast : a wide and tasty choice.
July 17, 2014
Rated 4.0 out of 5.0 by Tintti Travelling with kids
The staff reserved the rooms we wanted. Rooms were cosy, a bit out of date but everything was working fine. Service was great, staff very friendly, the cleaning lady polite. Playing room for the kids and a big park just beside the hotel.
June 30, 2014
Rated 1.0 out of 5.0 by Gampie Poor
I was extremely disappointed at my stay in the Oulu Holiday Inn.
The list of inconveniences was sheer endless:
- Spartan bathroom: no light in the shower, no amenities, emply Kleenex box
- a cheap flimsy curtain that does not stop the summer light coming in at night
- next to the church, so a free wake-up call every night from the church bell
- on night 2, I heard lots of noise with tables and chairs being moved around
- my dinner was served with hard, glazed potatoes
- breakfast: no eggs made to order, a few basic cold cuts, cold boiled eggs, watery orange juice, basic coffee
- the staff didn't know what an expresso was, nor what a decaf is
- complicated internet codes, you need one for each device, and you need to renew it every 12 hours
- terrible music in the bar in the evening
- on day 2, my room access key had been disabled
Was there a positive? I guess the staff at reception were nice.
This hotel is day and night different from the one in Helsinki.
May 21, 2014